Ohio Police Misconduct Lawyer
Ohio police and law enforcement officers have tough jobs, which we all commend. But sometimes, they abuse their positions of power and cause serious injuries and even death to innocent victims of police misconduct in Ohio. This can lead to public mistrust, as well as the following preventable situations:
- Wrongful police shootings in Ohio
- Failing to provide medical care while in custody in Ohio
- Ohio prison deaths
- Ohio taser injuries and deaths
- Wrongful imprisonment claims in Ohio
- Ohio police pursuits causing serious injury or death
- Use of excessive force causing serious injuries or death
- Injuries or death caused by lack of proper police supervision or training
The Keefe Law Firm, LLC, has the experience, knowledge and resources to help you and your family pursue justice and seek full and fair compensation in Ohio when police misconduct or excessive force is involved. We are not a volume-based practice, and we do not advertise on TV. Instead, we devote our time, energy and resources to taking on selective cases so that we can provide you and your case with more attention and greater focus in an effort to maximize your results.
Ohio Police Misconduct And Excessive Force Lawyer Representation
Many people who are victims of police brutality or misconduct do not know what to do after an incident happens. If your rights were violated by law enforcement, these are some of the best steps to take:
- Document the incident: Record everything as soon as possible. An accurate and detailed report of the events is critical. Take photos if you have injuries.
- See a doctor: Seek medical treatment immediately. Having medical records documenting your injuries can be vital to your case.
- Speak to witnesses: If possible, record testimony of what friends, pedestrians, street vendors or other individuals witnessed at the scene. When possible, get the names and phone numbers of the people who witnessed the incident. More voices mean a stronger argument.
- Consult a lawyer: Experienced Ohio police misconduct lawyer representation is a necessity. You do not have to face this alone.
The Keefe Law Firm, LLC, proudly handles police misconduct and excessive force claims throughout Ohio, including in Cleveland, Lakewood, Akron, Canton, Medina, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown, Parma, Lorain, Elyria, Mansfield and everywhere in between.
It is a grave injustice to be mistreated by the individuals who are supposed to be trained to protect you. If you or a loved one is the victim of police misconduct or excessive force that resulted in a serious injury, call us at 216-815-3574 or send an email with the details of your case. Initial consultations are always free.